“An inventiveness in mitigating the unemployment”
To make the most of the scope available in diverse avenues by launching profitable micro enterprises through short duration intervention.
- Identify, Orient, motivate, train and Assist the rural unemployed youth to take up self employment ventures.
- To take up research and development activities in entrepreneurship and rural Development.
- Train village level workers to work in rural development.
- Counselling and project consultancy.
Programme Structure: SDT offers more than 30 types of EDPs in various avenues. All the programmes of short duration intervention ranging from one to six weeks.
- Entrepreneurship Development programme (EDP) for First Generation Entrepreneurs
Agriculture EDPs: Agriculture and allied activity Dairy, Poultry, Apiculture, Horticulture, Sericulture, Mushroom Cultivation etc.
Product EDPs: Dress designing for men and women, Rexine utility Articles, Agarbathi Manufacturing, Bags, Bakery Products, Leaf cup etc.
Process EDPs: Two wheeler repairs, Pumpset repairs, Radio/ TV repairs, Motor rewinding, Multipurpose mechanism, Beautician Course, Photography & Videography, Screen printing, Photo Lamination, Domestic Electrical appliances repair, Computer hardware and DTP ect.
General EDPs:EDP, Entrepreneurship Development Programme, EDP for women, PMRY-EDP etc.
- Programmes for the established Entrepreneurs
Skill upgradation: To improve the skills and enhance capability of the settled trainees.
Growth Programme: to aim and achieve high goals in life and business for the settled trainees.
- Rural development & HRD programme
Training Rural Development facilitators of NGOs, Training in SHG management, Training Bank staff in Rural Development activities, Training social animators.
- Technology Transfer programmes
To transfer the latest technology which are cost effective and eco-friendly in agriculture and other areas.
- Identification & selection of candidates
- Campus and practical approach
- Simulation exercises, group discussions, role plays.
- Field visits & experience sharing with role models.
- Interactions with Bankers/govt. Officials.
- Residential training with boarding & lodging.
- Campus with Library & audio –Visual Aids.
- Workshop for the practices.
- Experienced trainer motivators
Eligibility Criteria to get into SDT Programmes
For the first generation entrepreneurs: Youth having aptitude to take up self employment in the age group 18-35 years, who can read and write local language.
Criteria for RD, HRD and Technology Programmes are determined in consultation with the programme sponsors.
The cutting edge of SDT training is the post Training follow-up, for sustained motivation among the trainees. The effort to make them rise on to pinnacle includes:
- Two years follow-up regular correspondence, individual contacts, unit visit, Village/Block/ District / Branch level meeting, Special follow-up meetings involving bankers/ Govt. Officials.
- Facilitating credit linking with the banks for setting up of micro enterprises.
- Business linkage, workshops, Seminars, etc.
SDT Bazaars will be organized to provide marketing support to SDT trained entrepreneurs. This facilitates the participants to get an insight about market trends and customer behavior. Each unit organizes at least one bazaar every year during meals, exhibitions, and special occasions. SDT will conduct State & National level exhibition cum sales every year during November – December. The trained entrepreneurs from the units of SDT participate in the event.