The goal of the project is to “enable the poor tribal households to sustainably ensure their livelihoods and food security through promoting a more efficient, equitable, self-managed, optimum use of the natural resources, off/farm, non-farm enterprises development and accessing the rights and entitlements due to them.
To achieve the goal following immediate objectives are set:
- To build the capacity of marginal groups
- To enhance the access of poor tribal people to natural resources and increases its productivity.
- To encourage and facilitate off-farm enterprises.
- To ensure the basic entitlements of tribal households.
To achieve these objectives, the activities are focused on:
- Build the capacity of marginal groups as individuals, and grassroots institutions;
- Developing Community Service Provider, Community Resource Persons.
- Enhance the access of poor tribal people to land, water and forests and increase the productivity of these resources in environmentally sustainable and socially equitable ways;
- Encourage and facilitate off- Farm enterprise development based on the needs of poor tribal households;
- Monitor the basic food entitlements of tribal household and ensure their access to public food supplies;
- Encourage the development of a pro – tribal enabling environment through ensuring that legislation governing control of, and access to, development resources by poor tribal household is implemented effectively and by recommending other policy improvements; and
- Build on the indigenous knowledge and values of tribals and blend theses with technological innovations to ensure a speedier pace of development.